This year's registration opportunities will be split over two days:
75% of all entries will be available on Tuesday March 14th, starting at 12:00 pm.
The remaining 25% will be available on Saturday, March 18th, starting at 5:00 pm.
The 2017 entry fee will be $80.
100 spots will be made available to those making an additional $40 donation to the Dipsea Foundation for the purposes of helping restore and maintain the Dipsea Trail.
The below link will become live at the times noted above.
If it were possible, we would accept every runner who wants to participate. Physical limits and park-enforced participant caps make that impossible. This means no matter what we do, there will be people angry, frustrated and disappointed. There are, however, a few ways to improve your chances of being one of the happier ones:
1) Race Roster (our third-party registration provider) is going to require login information (e-mail and password) to register for the race and access your registration details afterward. Many runners already have Race Roster accounts. We would recommend attempting to log in prior to registration day to ensure you remember your password and are ready to go on launch day. Choose "sign in" at the top right here. If you’ve forgotten your password you will see a prompt to reset it.
2) If the Race Roster page says “All spots have been filled” that doesn't necessarily mean it's true forever -- particularly in that first 30-60 minutes after registration opens.
Sometimes people try to register on their computer, their iPad and their phone, all at the same time, in an effort to get a single entry. The registration system interprets that as someone registering and holds all those entries. Eventually they either close the window or time out and those spots become available again.
You will not need to refresh your page, as a REGISTER button will appear automatically IF spots become available. If all registrants in the queue successfully complete their transaction then you will see a new website that states REGISTRATION CLOSED and you can come back on Saturday, March 18th at 5 p.m. PDT to try again.
Note: If you are a long-time running/volunteering veteran of the Double Dipsea (e.g., having been involved with 10+ races) and are unable to register, please contact us here. A handful of spots will be reserved for veterans of the race and it is the intention of the DSE Runners and Brazen Racing to make sure those who have contributed greatly in the past are included in the race.
Runners have three options for picking up their bibs and shirts:
1. Mail-out service (available for a fee when registering).
2. Bib/shirt pick-up at San Francisco Running Company in San Anselmo on Wednesday, June 14th (10:00 am - 6:00 pm) and then at San Francisco Running Company in Mill Valley on Thursday, June 15th (10:00 am - 6:00 pm) and Friday June 16th (10:00 am - 3:00pm).
3. Pick up on race morning (not recommended).
In order to avoid race morning stress and avoid having to arrive even earlier, we strongly recommend choosing options 1 or 2. If you are unable to take advantage of those first two options, race morning pick-up will still be available, but you should aim to arrive 70-90 minutes ahead of your race start to account for lines.
By order of the parks, the 2017 race must start an hour earlier than in past years. In order to keep things running smoothly and quickly on race morning, we are asking runners to either pick up their bib ahead of time or request bib mail-out with their registration. Those unable to take advantage of either of those options will still be able to pick up their bib on race morning, but should plan to arrive approximately 90 minutes ahead of their race start, to account for lines.
Bibs and shirts requested by mail will be sent out approximately two weeks before the race.