COVID-19 PLANNING AND UPDATES
[Note: Registration for future events remain open and transfers of full credit will be allowed if events are cancelled or rescheduled during the current event shutdown.
Until events resume, those wishing to purchase race entries at early bird rates without committing to an exact date (to avoid complications of rescheduling) will be able to do so through our online shop.]
May 30, 2020
Due to the county and state gathering restrictions, the July 4 Stars and Stripes run has been canceled for 2020.
May 26, 2020
Changes due to gathering restrictions being extended:
The Double Dipsea has been rescheduled to September 13. Registration has not yet opened for this event.
We have also re-scheduled the Nitro Trail event to August 22 and the Wildcat event to August 29.
Registrants of Nitro Trail and Wildcat will be automatically entered into the event on the new date and will be offered the opportunity to transfer their race credit to a different event. Since it is possible that more re-scheduling of our calendar will take place in the coming weeks/months, we will wait until events have started being held again before we e-mail everyone to make that decision and offer that credit.
May 14, 2020
The Trailquake event, originally scheduled for May 31, 2020 has been rescheduled for August 15, 2020.
As noted in the 4/28 update, for the duration of the current restrictions, registrants in May events (and later) wishing to participate in a different event will be given the opportunity to transfer over 100% of their race credit.
April 28, 2020
Consistent with our note from 4/10/20 (and in accordance with the extension of restrictions in Contra Costa County), the Wildcat and Nitro Trail events have now been re-scheduled to June 13th for Wildcat and June 27th for Nitro Trail.
Although permits have been paid for and approved for many of our 2020 events, all future dates remain aspirational until the restrictions are lifted, meaning these events could end up being re-scheduled again in the future.
For the duration of the current restrictions, registrants in May events (and later) wishing to participate in a different event will be given the opportunity to transfer over 100% of their race credit.
April 10, 2020
We wanted to update you on the latest with Brazen Racing.
For all events in March and April that were canceled, we have e-mailed participants and posted detailed information on the appropriate race websites.
Many have asked about our plans for future events (starting with May 9th’s Wildcat). The overall theme of our planning is that we are going to continue to plan for the best-case scenarios, while making adjustment to fit with whatever reality awaits.
The plan, based on a lot of “ifs,” is as follows:
- If there seems any chance of still holding the event, we hold out and try to put it on.
- If it becomes abundantly apparent that the event will not be able to take place, we will reschedule (this re-scheduling will include in-person and remote options).
- If the re-scheduled date doesn’t work for you, we will be able to offer full credit to another future event (and the decision on which event can be made any time in the future). Registrants will be e-mailed with details.
- Until gathering bans are officially lifted, re-scheduled dates will be aspirational and re-scheduled again from there as needed. In other words, if we re-schedule an event from May for June, that’s because we hope it can happen then. Like everyone else, we’re just guessing. If that date doesn’t work out, we will re-schedule again until we get a time to put the race on.Anyone signing up for an event from May 9th forward can be sure that if that event is canceled/rescheduled because of the current gathering bans getting extended, they will still be able to use their credit for a future event.
Many have also asked about Brazen Racing’s ability to survive all this. The answer is that we will do whatever we must in order to make it to the other side of all this and are 100% determined to come back.
Like so many other organizations that depend on the ability to bring groups together, we have been essentially closed down (in operations and income) since early March. We were ready for slower times, but never anticipated being closed for months! Still, unlike some of those hit the hardest, we feel fortunate to be pretty certain that we will be able to successfully resume operations in the future, once the gathering bans are lifted.
Those who have purchased virtual races during this time and those who have signed up for future events are greatly appreciated and have helped us a lot. We sincerely thank you for your support – it is making a big difference!
We also know that there are many Brazen friends out there who have suffered from the illness, lost their jobs or are facing an even more uncertain future. We hope our community of friends and runners will be able to help all those who need love and support to make it through.
The community, the friendship and the excitement of putting on an event and seeing all of you getting your runs done is what we miss most. But 10+ years of good times has given us a ton of great memories to sustain us, and the fact that we will be back together again keeps our spirits up. We hope you are also able to stay positive and keep up the spirits of those in your circle.
Sam, Jasmin and the Brazen Racing Crew