In the spirit of fair competition for all our participants, Brazen Racing has compiled rules that apply to all Ultra Half Series participants. While these rules apply to all participants, they are of particular note for those that wish to compete for series and championship prize money and top ten awards.
All series participants potentially eligible for top awards or cash prizes must meet all USATF (USA Track and Field) rules of participation. These include:
- Any participant that receives any unauthorized assistance whatsoever from any other person during a race may be disqualified from the series. “Unauthorized Assistance” includes, without limitation, the conveying of advice, information, or direct or indirect help to an athlete by any means, including technical communication devices.
- In accordance with IAAF and USATF sanctions, all series participants are subject to the anti-doping rules. Any participant who receives or has received a doping ban in the past will not be eligible for series prize money or awards.
- Transgender participants must meet qualifications for racing in their preferred gender, according to USATF regulations and the guidelines for transgender competition issued by the International Olympic Committee Consensus Meeting of November 2015.
- Any confirmed unsportsmanlike conduct, including, but not limited to, littering, physical aggression or conduct against any participant on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or gender expression will result in a disqualification from the series.
- All participants must be able to verify age at the date of the championship race to determine eligibility for awards. A participant must be 18 years of age to participate, or younger with the consent of a parent. A participant must be 40 years old on the date of the championship race to qualify for the masters division awards.
- All participants who are provisionally found to be among the top ten in the series or among the top three in the championship race will be required to provide signed confirmation of compliance with all series rules on the day of the race, before awards are issued.
Runners are 100% responsible for knowing the course. Under no circumstances will "time credit" be issued for runners who get lost, even if they are misdirected by a volunteer or follow another runner off course.
When there are checkpoints (and there will be for the championship), runners must have been verified as passing through, to ensure no shortcuts (accidental or otherwise) have been taken. Final results for the Rocky Ridge half marathon and the Ultra Half series will only be issued after all checkpoints have confirmed winners as having properly run the full course. Runners will share the burden of making sure checkpoint personnel can recognize and record their bib number.
In the unlikely event of a tie, prizes will be shared by both runners.
Refunds will not be issued for entries not used or runners disqualified by these rules.
In case of any dispute or contesting of the results, the race director will review all information in as timely a fashion as possible and inform those affected of the final decision.
Ultra Half Series winners will not place top 3 in both the “regular” and masters division. If the overall fastest regular series runner (male or female) is also in the masters division, they will be deemed the regular series winner. The person who would have been in 2nd place as a master, will move up to first place for awards purposes, etc.
If more than three masters runners finish in the top 6 overall, the additional masters runners will be moved into “open” top 3 positions and receive the corresponding awards.
To qualify for the masters division, a participant must be 40 years old by the Rocky Ridge race date.
Ultra Half Series top 10 shirts will be given to the combined (regular and masters) top 10 male and female.
Standings & Results
Participants are ranked after they have finished 5 races. They are included on the list of series participants after 3 races.
- 2018-2019 Series Results
- 2017-2018 Series Results
- 2016-2017 Series Results
- 2015-2016 Series Results
- 2014-2015 Series Results
- 2013-2014 Series Results
- 2012-2013 Series Results